Tuesday 1 January 2013

Sister Assassin (A.K.A Mind Games) by Kiersten White

Sister Assassin (Sister Assassin, #1)
Ahh. The first post of 2013! Happy New Year everyone! Hope its a good one :)

Pages: 302
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release: February 2013

Plot: She never chose her deadly gift but now she’s forced to use it. How far would you go to protect the only family you have left?
Annie is beset by fleeting strange visions and a guilty conscience. Blind and orphaned, she struggles to care for her feisty younger sister Fia, but things look up when both sisters are offered a place at Kessler School for Exceptional Girls.
Born with flawless intuition, Fia immediately knows that something’s wrong, but bites her tongue… until it’s too late. For Fia is the perfect weapon to carry out criminal plans and there are those at Kessler who will do anything to ensure her co-operation.
With Annie trapped in Kessler’s sinister clutches, instincts keep Fia from killing an innocent guy and everything unravels. Is manipulative James the key to the sisters’ freedom or an even darker prison? And how can Fia atone for the blood on her hands?

Good Points: I really loved how the book switched from one sisters perspective to the other throughout however I have to admit it was a little confusing as it wasn't at times clear who was speaking as the order didn't consistently switch (one chapter Fia, one chapter Annie.)
The relationship between the two sisters was written well and the flashbacks into their backgrounds helped to add a greater depth to each of the siblings, sort of forcing you to gain at least some form of emotion for them within the plot.

Bad Points: If I'm going to be honest they could have come up with a better summary than that one, it didn't exactly draw me in from the onset and I also don't understand why the US cover and title has not been used for the UK. Another bad point so-to-say was how predictable the book was, I would have liked a little more mystery for the reader.

To Sum Up... Although I wouldn't say this book was faultless I would say, however that it was an enjoyable read and I think this is mostly due to the dynamic duo that is Annie and Fia. I have only ever previously read Paranormalancy by Kiersten White, the first of her other trilogy and for some reason I can never seem to get past the first book in her series and I think this problem has passed onto this one.
Overall however I'd definitely encourage people to give it a try...it may just be me who has this problem haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...