Wednesday 25 April 2012

Review of Starcrossed By Josephine Angelini



Pages: 528
Publisher: Macmillan’s children books
Released : June 2011

Plot summary:  Helen lives with her father on the island of Nantucket and is about to start her junior year with her best friend Claire however the island is bewitched by the arrival of the Delos family and their beautiful looks. Helen couldn’t give a damn until she meets Lucas Delos who she can’t seem to resist the urge to kill, but the problem is she doesn’t know why. Just to add to the mystery every time Helen sees a Delos member three haggard women appear, not to mention her too realistic nightmares.
Helen later discovers she is a Scion, a descendant of the Greek Gods, but there are secrets being kept from her by the Delos’s and begins to realise she has been fated to centre an ancient blood-feud.

Good Points- I really loved some of the characters and how they were developed. Also the description that Angelini goes into really sets the mood to the story in my opinion. I liked how the mythology was included as I was sick of books just being the usual love triangles.  The book was defiantly one that I struggled to put down and I thought the length was good also as sometimes books can cut off as they’re just getting interesting…

Bad Points- Some things really didn’t add up and I think the author failed to create a believable ending in the fact that none of the characters who were supposed to be smart realised the age /death difference was impossible (I won’t go into too much detail so not to spoil it)

To sum up… I liked the book as it made me laugh at times and I found myself thinking about the characters still long after finishing the book. Although some things didn’t add up I would still recommend this book (especially if you love mythology) as it is different to the usual teen fiction you find on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good book. Most parts were beleivable but I had some trouble with a few parts. The mythology and the romance and the interaction the charectors have with each other make this a fast read. SPOILER ALERT i thought her mom coming back was a bit predictable but the things she did weren't so that redeemed it a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...